Fishstickittie's Poker Blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

One Word: "PAIN"

It's been a rather insane week. I threw my back out over labor day weekend and spent Sunday and Monday either laying on the floor, couch, or bed. How's this different from any ordinary weekend you ask? I was in pain this time, big-time pain.

Made an appointment Tuesday to see the Doc and spent the rest of the week hopped up on "goofballs". Add to that some big projects coming up for work and several soccer games for my daughter and you get: NO POKER.

Sucks too. last I left I had approximately $10 left on Party that on a whim I had decided to put into play, see if I could parlay it into a larger score or at least enough to cash out and combine with my UB bankroll. I sat at a 20 person $6 sng (man, PP really sticks it to you w/ the $1 at this level). Cashed 2nd (should've been first after I lost a 60/40 to lose the chip lead, oh well) and $40. That put me at $34 so I then played an $11 20 man SNG. That was good for 4th (just ITM) when my AA ran into the dreaded chip leaders J4s (I was 2nd in chips and the blinds were really up there compared to the stacks. I most likely would've pushed back here w/ maybe any Ace as he had been rather sill-aggressive. Everyone was pretty close in chips and he was NOT playing "big stack" poker.)

I believe that little win netted me $9 and I debated playing a $22 MTT that was getting ready to start or a $22 20-man SNG. I opted for the more rational and played another $11 20-man. Lady luck must caught up to me at this point, as well as a poor attention span in the wee hours. I busted out mid-way when I foolishly pushed a TAG back w/ AQ.

Anyway, I believe that $10 on PP is now in the $30 range and I should be able to put that in play at a $25NL table and get up to the $50 withdrawal minimun to consonlidate.

I haven't been keeping up over at CP's forum lately, but I understand that there has been some drama. A banning and some confusion as to who stole what from who. As I check that forum from time-to-time it truly astonishes me how the "general poker" public is truly un-intelligent. Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh. The "general public poker forum" public is truly un-intelligent.

Too many of these "players" allow their ego's to get involved and want to prove to the world how "truly amazing" they are. Who cares? I want to get up from the table with more money than I sat and it is sometimes harder to do this when pegged as a "good player".

Hopefully, I can get my back straightened out and get back to the tables soon. Since my "rebuild" I've had a difficult time finding the "groove" I had prior and finding "my game." I see that changing for the better now.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger lucko said...

Take care of that back buddy and get back to posting at +1 and CP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home