Fishstickittie's Poker Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Climbing Steady

As I stated in my previous post I wisely stayed out of the CP league last night to focus on rebuilding my BR. Although I did rail the tourney, man there are some idiots at that forum, but I played at a $10 max NL table w/ the tourney window open. When play got down to three players, no comment on their play at this time, I decided I had seen enough and it was time to get serious.

My chip stack was fluctuating like Riki Lake's waistline while I was railing the CP tourney. Not sure if it was because a majority of my focus was bringing the egos of the "lesser-good" players down (sounds better than shitty players) or just table-swings. Either way, I opened another table and sat down to focus.

Going into the night I had right at $38 and some change on PS and was unsure as to how to risk it. Cash or tourney, SNG or MTT, NL or limit, Hold'em or Omaha? Decisions, decisions. As I stated previous I sat at a $10 max NL table. When I went to multi-table I debated switching games or tables. I decided to go ahead and "sit" at another $10 max table and then scout other tables.

Before long I had gotten up to $22 at the first table, where I had been bouncing between $18-$12 for about 2 hours. The table then "broke-up". I noticed that it was two players and me, with about three players "sitting-out". Time to leave. I found a nice table that looked very inviting so I put my name on the list, tables like this cause a line.

Nothing eventfull really, except that at the original table I wasn't getting paid on my good hands; but conversly wasn't getting hands that were difficult to play either, someone would show either great strength or weakness w/ my marginal hands making for easy decisions.

For the night I ended up $24. I'll take it. I really have felt good w/ my play as of late and emotions have not been a factor. I have been shrugging off bad stretches of cards and bad beats like an old T-shirt.

I have saved a few hand histories and may post them later. Tonight I have a softball game, please check the link, and am attempting to coordinate a game afterwards. Drunken poker among friends, good times.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger flipfish said...

Your blog is very page _.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home