Fishstickittie's Poker Blog

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Rizen Owns & I'm Not So Bad Myself

CON-FRIGGIN-GRATULATIONS TO ERIC "RIZEN" LYNCH on his 24th place finish at the ME. Not only is the guy an incredible card player, but a really good guy. I've ONLY had the chance to chat w/ him on the +1 forum, but he seems VERY humble and a good family man. EVERYTHING that should be promoted in Poker. I hope to provide a link to his blog in the future, as it is know i'm too lazy (and perhaps drunk, you'll never know). He has a few interview on Cardplayer and Fox Sports that you should check out. I'll have links in the future (see previous drunk/lazy reference).

Anyway, back to me. "I love me some me". Hit my first Royal Flush tonight. It was made better by being a Heads Up match. AND made better by the fact that I was FREEROLLING.

Allow me to explain; My opponent had been VERY weak-tight. I could put any amount of money in the pot and he wasn't calling unless he had at least top pair. THEN when he did hit his top pair he usually bet the minimun. I picked up on his style early and began making a min-bet EVERYTIME I was on the small blind. Since he hadn't shown the abiltiy to adjust his style I knew that if I kept this practice up preflop I would set him up for later.

SOOOOOO I get Q(spade) 10(heart)in the small blind and min-bet. He calls. Flop was K(heart), J(heart), 8(club). Nice, I have the open-ended and perhaps my two cards are live. He min bets, telling me he has a piece. Turn A(heart). I make my nut straight w/ the second nut straight draw and/or royal draw. He bets, I raise, he re-raises (weak play) I push, he calls. He shows Q(club)10(club) for the nut straight to tie my straight. But now I realize I am freerolling to the flush here. River is the Q(heart) using my 10(heart) to complete the royal flush. GG, me.

So congrats to Rizen for winning a ton of cash and being a good dude; and congrats to me for being an overall badass and owning the micros. If I keep this pace up and have to keep cashing out when I reach a certain point to fullfill "financial" obligations" I should via for the "prince of micros" title. On second thought, we'll put it to a vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home