Fishstickittie's Poker Blog

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Another $1 MTT Cash and a Decent Cash Game Night

Not much to report, but had a decent night tonight. Went to a "bier stube" last night and was a little "dehydrated" this morning, still a little "dry". Just finished playing another $1 MTT. I can't decide whether I am wasting my time w/ these or not. I've cashed in 5 of 7 of them but nothing big. When analyzing my play in these I feel it's just the enormous fields that these things draw that is so difficult to weed through. Although I did bust tonight underplaying KK, then couldn't get away as I hadn't allowed myself sufficient information on my opponent.

Chip leader called my 3x bb raise from LP flop came three to a straight. I had JUST gotten to this table (I was moved 5 times, that didn't help) so I had now idea how he built his stack. I felt I had to give him credit for a hand, but not better than KK. Because the blinds were so high (300/600 w/ 50 ante, I had T26,000 and he was about T35,000) I thought a bet of 1/3 of the pot would help me out. He called and the turn brought 4 to a straight (5-6-7-8). now i was a little uncomfortable and was out of position, 99 was a very likely hand here but I felt I still had to lead out and felt I was still ahead. NOW here is where I made my mistake and what my problem has been over the last few months online, I lead out T3000 into a T12,000 pot. Not smart. He calls and the river is a 9. Now I'm a little worried and hoping it's just a split pot. However, I check the river and he bets T10,000. I go ahead and push w/ just T12,000 remaining and bust when he flips over 10-10 for the completed straight. What bugs me about the hand was I was so scared of being behind I didn't allow myself to gain any information from my opponent. As small as my bets were he could have stayed with several hands that I had dominated like 10-10. I think fatigue was a factor here though as I was wearing down at the time. Oh well. 3 hours work = $1 ROI, I think I'll wait a week to turn pro.

Was playing a cash game as well and had taken three buy-ins off the player to my left. Each time he had big hands. Twice I hit my set to his overs and the third time I flopped two-pair to his weaker two-pair. He wasn't real happy. If I hadn't been so tired I would have stayed as he kept reloading and was prett close to tilting. I, obviously, wasn't helping matters in the chat box when responding to his comments of "you are a lucky MF" or "must be nice to suck out on me everytime" and my favorite "WTF? you were like a 9-1 dog". My 66 beat his JJ when I flopped a set and turned a full, my QQ beat his AA when I hit my set on the turn, and my A9 beat his A7 when I flopped two pair and he turned his. My comment of "see I was ahead that time. you need to learn to play from behind" didn't help his mood.

Congrats to Cardsfan04 who busted "Rocks & Rings" Antonio out of the WSOP ME. Pretty cool story for your first time. Eric "Rizen" Lynch is doing good so far in the ME. He is part of a forum I am a member and although I haven't had the chance to spend much time speaking w/ him he seems like a very good guy. Awesome player, already has one FT at the WSOP when he finished 3rd in the #3 event $1500 PLHE. Congrats to all my friends that played out there, they all played well and made some extra cash at the ring games.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger lucko said...

5 of 7 cashes is a very nice accomplishment. Good job! Keep getting yourself deep and a final table\win will be right around the corner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home