Fishstickittie's Poker Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm Working on It.

It has been brought to my attention, rather rudely I might add, that I haven't updated this thingy since my last drunken post. So for AA, here it is in all it's sober glory.

As you might have been able to tell my last "post" might have been "chemically enhanced". I tend to do that. Funny thing was when I was playing HU on UB and hit my royal flush I was a bit "tipsy".

The humor actually comes in the fact that I was having difficulties recalling the blind level at the times. THEN, struggling to calculate my raise, math is hard. THEN difficulty finding the keys, it was dim in my defense. THEN actually keying in my bet/raise/etc. By the time I had made it to the last step it was too late. The "warning ring" was going off and I was forced to just click "Raise", "Check" or "Fold". So there was a lot of min-raising in that game. The competition is week enough that, though "spiffed" as Jimmy Stewart would say, I came out triumphant.

I played a little more HU later in the week, no idea why I got away from these games, and did rather well. One session in particular I flopped trip Kings w/ a strong kicker (KQ) and was getting check-called by my opponent. He had rather been weak/tight and a calling station at times, so I was not suprised by this. On the river I push. At this point he starts typing the usual "wow! you bet out w/ a K?", "hmmmmm.....", "i have a good hand, don't see laying it down". Finally he calls. turns over K-8 for a rivered full.

Slow-rolled online. The pinnacle of dickness. What to do in that situation? Challenge them to a second match, of course. This second time though I knew that he was aware that I'd be gunning, maybe even "tilting". So I just attacked and attacked. The thing is, knowing what he knew I'd do allowed me to give him a nice false sense of security. When I folded to him playing back at me I would type something like "i had you until that point" or "i don't want to race you as you are so lucky". Playing up my role of the vengefull maniac. Wasn't long and my aggression built me a bit of a lead and allowed me to buy some time waiting to catch a huge hand. I did and busted him.

Revenge? Not yet. Step two: goad your opponent by trash-talk. "see, you just got lucky the first time", "you can't outplay me", "luckbox". The beauty was that the hand I took him out with was the perfect hand for me. A strong drawing hand but not an incredibly strong HU hand. I caught my flop and he attempted to make me pay. So I certainly appeared lucky, although in actuallity I had put myself in a position to GET lucky.

So after two games we were tied. After four, he was down three. GG, me. I think I'll go play more.

Oh, I need to post a new link for my softball page. Our team "administrator" has created a blog for the team in addition to the regular web-site. I'll add that to my "links" in a few days. Too much work for a Sunday.

edit: NEW SOFTBALL "BLOG" LINKED and ready for enjoyment. Prepare to be moderately dis-satisfied.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Fishstickkittie said...

i was firing at a lot of pots w/ marginal hands. he was waiting for a "spot" to win a big pot while i was taking all the small ones. a few times when he called i would slow-down fearing a trap. the turn would bring a card to improve my hand or give me a strong draw that was WELL disguised, like a few backdoor flushes. so if a 3rd card hit on the river completing my flush my bet would look like a bluff. stuff like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home