Fishstickittie's Poker Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Football, Boobies and Bubbles

The Colts preseason game was just that. Found out the other day that we lost James "Mongo" for the season. Not a BIG loss, but he was depth and that is important. I couldn't find a taker for the final ticket after trying to practically give it away to anybody and everybody in Indy. However, the requirements where that they had to be a friend of a friend or have big boods. I found neither.

I met up with WC and Trutildeth, as well as a buddy of Tru's, at Smokey Bones BBQ before the game. I probably should have eaten something, as the Blue Moons went down rather quick and coupled w/ the few I had before arrival I had a nice buzz going into the game. I really had to be back at work the next day, but the lure of more beer and WC's persistence to see boobies brought that plan to a screeching halt.

WC called me at the half, he has tickets in another location, to tell me that we were leaving and heading a few blocks to the "Red Garter". I wasn't sober enough at this point to resist. Plus I figured I really needed to crash in Indy for the evening as opposed to attempting the 3 hour drive home.

The "Red Garter" looks like a dive from the outside but it was actually a classy joint. A classy joint w/ a pizza buffet. Having had nothing to eat prior to the game a pizza buffet at a strip club is just what you need to suppress your appetite.

Watching WC work a stripper is akin to watching Roger Clemens pitching against the Pirates. I sat back against the wall and listened to him break down each stripper. Suprisingly he hadn't slept w/ any the "employees" there.

After a few hours and a few more bud lites we call it a nite. I followed WC to his place and crashed in his spare room. It was lovely, decorated in "Dora The Explorer" for when he has his daughter. Got up about 6:45 and drove home.

Thanks, WC, for the place to crash.

On the poker front, I've now rolled all my "dough" (that was bad) into one site. I now am exclusively at Ultimate Bet, aside from about $10 on Party. I've been trying to focus on what I've had the most success w/ and that is their Sit-N-Goes. It's not going particularly well, however. I have finished 2nd in one and have bubbled in two others. The other two I finished in 5th & 6th respectively.

Suprisingly I have either been totally card dead or coolered in most of these. My most recent bubble saw me go from chip leader w/ 5 to go, to out in 4th in a matter of 4 hands. KK vs. 78s. AJ vs. AQ (push preflop OOP. oops). Fold. Push w/ A9s vs. KQ, he spiked a Q.

So we'll see. Time has been an issue as school has now started and after getting the daughter's homework done, dinner made, then kids to bed, I have had to attempt to complete some normal household "chores" before playing. Plus, I've been tired. I've told myself I am not going to play "just to play". I must have the mindset, be sober and somewhat alert to proceed. Hopefully I'll maintain my discipline.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger lucko said...

"A classy joint w/ a pizza buffet."

Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home