Fishstickittie's Poker Blog

Friday, September 01, 2006

Switching Games

Realize it's been a while since I updated this "thingy", so I apologize. I've been trying to think of some actual poker content to post but have been too lazy to put it in print. Someday....someday.

Anyway, happy Labor Day!! The end of summer is nei, sad. So sad. Got a weekend planned of beer, pork shoulder, beer, ribs, beer, mushroom-swiss burgers (my specialty), beer, and probably some poker. Okay, definitely some poker.

I started playing more Omaha eights or better lately. It made me realize where I went wrong on my "downslide" this year. I'll go into more depth on this at a later date. Knowing what "not to do" and actually NOT doing it are two different things.

Anyway, lately when I've been running cold in Hold'em I've been trying to fight through it. This has caused me to push hands that shouldn't be pushed and to fold hands that shouldn't be folded. Execution. Confidence. Very important.

Something Scott Fischman wrote a while back and advocates is switching games when you're having a dry run of cards. This allows you to refocus on a different game while taking a "break" from your "normal" game. So, I've been playing a little Omaha and some stud. In the past I would check out the tables of all the games to find the softest game availabe whether it be stud, omaha, or hold'em.

I'll try to post more. also, check out a new poker forum www.adamtheexpert.com. Adam was a normal (don't think he's ever been referred to w/ that word before) contributer over that the CARDPLAYER forums. He has a unique style, that's for sure. He tends to be right a lot. I would like to see some traffic on his site.

Speaking of Cardplayer, there has actually been some real discussions on their lately. Nothing groundbreaking, but better than the:

"you're an idiot"

"you suck"

posts that had taken over there recently. Most of the disussion is still pretty elementary and you have your handfull of morons that don't understand some of the more simple concepts, but it's not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home